Friday 8 November 2013

Paper cutting in Henley

Way back in the summer I met a lady who had watched me teach. She liked my approach and enthusiasm and asked if I would be interested in running a workshop for the Henley Guild of Arts and Crafts.  I agreed and a few emails and phone calls later the day arrived and here are the results.

So chuffed with them and I think that they were quite chuffed with me as they asked if I would be their after Christmas dinner speaker!

Highly intricate trumpeting angel -
the student arrived with the design drawn out ready to cut
Another extraordinarily complex design based on a swan
This just makes me smile - so sunny!
A festive bell

Dramatic Christmas bauble
Working on beautiful heart design

A multi layered wreath, complete with reindeer
trees and sky
A delicate Christmas tree
with personal message
Typographic Christmas wreath  with
charming apple
I love teaching paper cutting, students are always amazed at what they can achieve in a short space of time and many tell me that they are going to continue with it and develop their own style - what's not to love?
If you know of group who would enjoy learning this highly creative/low cost craft do let me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive