Monday 16 December 2013

Prize stitching!

I received a request from Katie at Les Soeurs Angalise for an item that could be a prize in their competition - check out their blog http://lessoeursanglaises.blogspot.co.uk/ to have a go!
So after a little deliberation and rummaging through my fabric stocks I settled on designing and making one of my classic items, a pieced velvet scarf.
I have a love/hate relationship with this tricky fabric. I love it's sumptuous texture and shot crushed velvet is just fabulous. However there is a downside, its slippery character that has a mind of it's own. But with my handy rotary cutter and quilting rule and a lot of pins it can be tamed with gorgeous results.

So the scarf is completed and I am awaiting the name and address of the lucky winner...

Hope they like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive