Monday 20 January 2014

Sunny start to the week

What a beautiful morning, so frosty I dribbled boiling water over the car to melt the frost. Low mist hung over the fields on the school run and the sky was gloriously blue with hints of pale golden clouds and vapour trails.
Home and packing the car ready for a couple of days at the WI's Denman College. I'm teaching Happy Scrappy Patchwork which is great fun, hugely rewarding for me and my students and so creative.
I take lots of resources to inspire them and I always include a stack of my favourite patchwork books and a couple of my photo albums which are full of images that could inspire a project.
My most treasured book is 'The Quilts of Gees Bend' - what a joy,  it makes me smile every time I pick it up
So I am looking forward to a productive course and may be we'll squeeze in a game of Scrabble!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive