Friday 14 September 2012

Of inspiring cut outs

When people ask what I do and I say, amongst other things, paper cut outs, I watch them struggle to formulate what that might involve - rows of news paper dollies, ransom notes or collaging of some sort. Then I try to explain and I usually end up referencing to the wonderful Rob Ryan whose work adorns so many things - enamel mugs, cards and book jackets are just the tip of his impressive mountain of credits - and yes I am slightly envious!
I have been interested in cut outs various and assorted for many years, and not just paper, in fact that came rather late in the day.
So I thought that I would put up a couple of my most treasured possessions, ones that make me smile every time I look at them and inspire me.
If you are feeling inspired why not check out my workshops

One of Rob Ryan's beautiful book jackets - just delightful

A mirror image paper cut that I was given on a trip to Krakow

This is AMAZING!! A Victorian fret worked wooden Lord's Prayer

And this, from Haiti. Chiselled from the top of an oil drum
And here's one of my cut outs, made for a gardener friend
 who has a penchant for fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive