Thursday 25 June 2015

Hand Lettering Success

I ran a new course this week at Ardington School of Craft- Hand drawn lettering NOT Calligraphy. Had spent a fun few days designing resource sheets and gathering 'props' - art works from as far back as my days as a student at Kingston Poly (as it was known way back then) - I knew there was a good reason not to throw stuff out.
I had a good sized group of which three had previously done paper cutting with me and two others have signed up for one of my workshops at Art in Action - so I was really chuffed.
And it all went well with lots of letters rendered in many ways, alphabets designed and some really pleasing artworks finished by the end of the day.

I will definitely be running this again. . . if you are interested, do drop me a line

Some handy typographical jargon
Things you can do with letters
A beautifully initialled Summer
Signage for open gardens
A few N's
Some great alphabets and I love the "Laughing"
More lovely alphabets and she was obviously
doing something that made her happy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive