Monday 28 October 2013

Of cutting a cat card

I love paper cutting as you know, especially when it's for someone special, actually I only do them for special someone's!
I have known Rhiannon throughout her eighteen years and her family have a penchant for Korat cats, slender, elegant, smokey grey and highly vocal felines. They have four at the moment and so it seemed appropriate that her card should be based on one.
And she loved it!

So if you have a special date coming up and you are struggling with what to give why not commission a unique paper cut?

Initial thoughts and final drawing to final size
Partially cut

Showing the two layers - the design on the white sheet
the cut out in Korat grey
The finished piece - and a first for me I added a second,
spot colour feature for eyes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive