Friday 13 March 2015

Looking forward to this....

Last night 'Alexander McQueen : Savage Beauty' opened at the V and A and yesterday morning I bought my tickets so I am very excited.
An extraordinary designer and visionary whose influence has seeped into so many creative areas.
I took this photograph early one morning, as I walked from Marble Arch to Charing Cross Station, my route to Goldsmiths College when I was doing my PGCE. I saw some amazing sights at that time of the day including the Queen's cavalry maybe fifty or sixty horses trotting down Oxford Street, and this. It is one of A Mc's iconic pieces - a beautiful red cape? cloak? those words are really too timid for this dramatic garment that could grace any fairytale queen, and an incredible golden head piece to add that extra excitement.
It was displayed in Selfridge's prime site corner window and the window cleaners were about their daily job. I took this just as the suds started to clear and it is one of my favourite pics - mysterious and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive